GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Search   Today's Posts   Mark Forums Read  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Forced Induction

05 silverado forced induction

Old 07-02-2008, 09:08 PM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends

guhman2002
Building LS1 For Somethin

I have a 2005 Silverado 1500 4X4 with the 5.3HO engine and auto trans.

I was wondering what people have done for forced induction (Turbo, Twin Turbo, Supercharger)

Thanks

Old 07-07-2008, 12:45 PM   #2

TxSy1430

check these guys out...

Squires Turbo Systems - Fullsize GM Truck Turbo Systems

4.3L V6 full roller, T57 hybrid turbo, 50lb injectors, Walbro 255, ATR/Conley 455ci air to water intercooler, methanol injection(straight..no water), built 700R4 w/billet TCS 9/11 2800 converter, stage 2 trans kit, MSD Digital 6+, MSD HVC II, Blitz boost controller, hydroboost, no cat and no muffler, K&N filter.

On a mild tune..
60'- 1.663
1/8- 7.998 @94.07 mph
1/4- 12.216 @108.02 mph
Old 04-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #3

Rapponotti

I am adding a rear mounted turbo in my 05 avalanche 5.3l and I have found the best information out there came from this

How to Supercharge and Turbocharge GM LS-Series Engines by Barry Kluczyk (2010, Paperback)

The book goes through every step the Tec specs and helpful hints to maximize the potential of the upgrades

It all comes down to this a stock 5.3 h.o. can handle a light boost however because of the compression you can not run more than about 7 pounds of boost with out the dreaded detonation risk to run 10 pounds of boost or more you must have forged rotating assembly and drop the compression to about 9/1

I have bought a 5.3 from a junk yard for about 200 I have replaced the crankshaft with a forged crank, forged h rods j&e inverted dome pistins that's about as far as I am right now but I have to say get that book will really help