GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > Tech Discussions > Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs)

2004 denali Random dies Reduced Eng Power

Old 06-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends

1fast4by

So, I got this truck in my shop today..

2004 GMC Yukon Denali. It has spent the last 5 weeks at two different Dealerships and 1 independent shop. Now I have it...

Randomly it will cut power, "Reduced Engine Power" is displayed, Trac light, and all the other typical stuff.. I have seen this sort of thing before fixed plenty of them. Now...

What has already been done New TB, New MAF, New Throttle pedal assembly, New TB and Throttle pedal harnesses. What the hell, Cant find a damn thing wrong with it...

Has p0220, p1516, p2101, p2135 History codes, non active. Truck has run Fantastic since I got it...

Everything I have checked has been fine, IGN 1 crank voltage remains above 10v...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
Send PM    Add to friends    Homepage

The Master
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) / throttle body type trouble codes listed above, may be caused by a loose wiring crimp at the throttle body connector, or a broken throttle body circuit.

You will want to inspect all related throttle body terminals for a loose wiring crimp. The loose crimp may be difficult to find, and the poor connection will be between the terminal and the copper strands of the wire. Wiggle test the individual throttle body circuits to see if you can get it to duplicate or give you the codes again.

Inspect the related circuits for broken wires inside the insulation. The outer wire insulation may look fine, but the internal copper strands may be partially broken. Breaks in the wires usually occur within 1 to 4 inches of the throttle body connector. Wiggle testing may also induce a trouble code to set.

Check for voltage drop on grounds G103 and G104. Grounds G103 or G104 may be loose or corroded.

If a terminal crimp or a broken wire has been found, repair or replace only the circuits involved. There is a throttle body pigtail connector available through GMP, but installing this pigtail connector may cause other intermittent TAC module/TP codes at a later date. Check to see if this pigtail was replaced. Check the wiring connections they would have made to replace this pigtail if it was replaced.

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end...