GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > General Lounge > Member Projects and Rides

Project NoSlowHoe

Old 01-31-2014, 05:02 AM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends

Jason
Admin Team

Well, I'm a little early on starting this thread but I'm bored as hell. This will just be my place to rant/rave and ask for help or opinions on whatever I happen to be working on. The title is a little misleading. It will still be slow, just not AS slow as the other soccer mom SUV's.

It's a 2003 Tahoe that I bought with a Whipple charged 5.3 but the engine was blown so I put a stock 2003 Escalade 6.0 in it. I couldn't afford to put the SC back on because I needed other parts in order to not use the whippletronics crap. Now it's finally time to put it back on and make those little gauges on the A pillar work

Right now I'm working on the tranny cooler line and it sucks even more ass than I expected. I can barely reach the fitting on the tranny with my hand so I'm not sure if I should take the fitting out without having a good plan to get it back in. It's loose right now and I can get a wrench on it fairly easy but I'm more concerned about getting it to thread back in once I install the new line. I also noticed today when I got the fitting off the line at the radiator end (which is where the leak is) that it does have a rubber O ring in there so I may try to find a new one and see if that was the problem.

I'm also starting to collect parts to finally install the Whipple Charger. I've been looking around and found out the pulley I have currently (4-3/8") will give me really low boost so I'm trying to figure out which size I should go with. I'm hoping the 3.4" pulley on eBay will do the trick. I plan on intercooling it since I'm not using the whippletronics EFI system with the supplemental injector setup and I dont want to run a water/meth injection. Not real sure how I'm gonna get a decent size intercooler on there with all the other damn coolers and shit between the grill and radiator. Hopefully I'll be able to figure something out.

For the fuel system most people seem to run 42lb injectors but I might go with 60's so there's room to grow without having to change them cause I dont think it will be very fun once the SC is in place. I'm only thinking 60's with the assumption they can be tuned to run right even with less HP than they necessary for. Any suggestions on which brand injectors I should use? I still need to figure out which fuel pump I need. I think I read a while back that the Aeromotive 340 pump was good but I still have to look around some more and figure out which one I can use inside the stock tank.

And because there will probably be plenty of witty banter in this thread, I'm going to have this little spot here to keep notes on the whipple charger parts that I end up needing for that part of my project. I'll update this section with info that I found online that was helpful or that I had to figure out on my own. I'll try to include part numbers and where I bought stuff.

Spark plugs: Found old threads with the GM part number of 41-932 but that number now supersedes to 41-993 or the AC Delco number on the plug is 19256067. I'm going to assume they still need to be gaped at .035 instead of .065, which is what I found on the old part number. Will edit once I can confirm.

Stock 4.357" pulley is a 1.77 ratio overdrive so multiply that by your max engine rpm for blower rpm. example 6000 engine rpms = 10620 rpms on the blower.
Stock 4" pulley is 1.93
Custom 3.8" pulley is 2.039
Custom 3.4" pulley is 2.279 or 13,674 rpms at 6000 rpms
A 3.4" pulley requires changing to a 108" belt

found that info in this eBay listing
4 8L 5 3L 6 0L Whipple AXO Series 3 4" Custom supercharger Pulley | eBay

Old 01-31-2014, 05:22 AM   #2

scuffy
Senior Whore

Finally! Old man J is gonna go fast.

Old 01-31-2014, 05:29 AM   #3

scuffy
Senior Whore

How you gonna start a build thread, and not post pics?

Old 01-31-2014, 06:01 AM   #4

Jason
Admin Team

Pretty exciting, right!?

Old 01-31-2014, 01:11 PM   #5

Jake
Yo Mammy

Yessssss!

Old 02-01-2014, 12:48 AM   #6

MoStyles
HDPT

Yayyyy!

Old 02-03-2014, 07:55 PM   #7

Jason
Admin Team

Having a bitch of a time with this damn fitting. I went to the dealership today and the fitting they have for the line I'm trying to fix is different then what I actually have. I dont know if something was changed by the previous owner or if I got left over parts from a 2002 or what but its starting to get frustrating.

here's what is on my line

here's what the dealership had

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/se...hoe&vi=5016991
dont know if that link will take you where I want to to but you can see the difference in fittings. Seems like I have a fitting from a non tranny cooler setup but I do have a tranny cooler.

I bought the fitting the dealership had, might see if I can just use the O ring from it inside my old fitting.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #8

Jason
Admin Team

I finally got a good answer on which injectors to use so I shopped around online last night and have one question. The injector connect parts are flow matched and guaranteed to be within 1% but there are the same injectors on ebay guaranteed within 1-2% match that are like $200 cheaper. Is it worth the extra money for the more precisely matched injectors?

Old 02-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #9

MoStyles
HDPT

I don't think I'd shell out the extra cash for the difference.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:00 AM   #10

MoStyles
HDPT

Things That Go • View topic - Installing a rear sway bar install on a 1st gen S10

Old 03-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #11

Jake
Yo Mammy

Hey, in your searchings for that Fitting, did you come across any decent parts breakdowns? My Tranny cooler line is leaking (the opposite of which one was on yours i think) but I can't seem to find any breakdowns for it.

edit. Just kidding.

http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/sho...ssembly=835301