GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > Suspension Tech > Static Drop

Droppin a GMC Denali

Old 11-19-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends

yuh8n

Dropping A GMC Denali
I have a question about my Denali that i just dropped with a 2/3 drop. It has auto air ride on this model and my question was does anybody own one that has been dropped. Now that my denali is dropped the air ride runs a whole lot longer than it was before it was dropped. Before the air ride kicks in my denali sits even and looks good. If anyone could give me some info on this i would grately appreciate it.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
Send PM    Add to friends

Diesel
Diesel Addicted TL

This is pure speculation on my part but if the airride on the Denali is anything like a class 8 truck there will be a proportioning valve attached to the frame and a linkage that is attached to the axle some how. Now if this is the case (maybe not) now that the truck sits lower the linkage is now effectively longer then necessary between the frame and the axle causing the system to try to level the truck by airing up. If this is the case then the solution is to suitably shorten the linkage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:35 AM   #3
Send PM    Add to friends    Homepage

X99

I have no clue. I haven't been privilaged to encounter this yet! But what Diesel said makes sense to me. I'd look into that....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.