GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Forced Induction

Turbo Gmc S15 Jimmy

Old 10-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends

bbmuffin925
Killer Z!!!

i would like to put a turbo on my s15 jimmy... i know i have to change my pistons and heads and stuff... but where can i find a turbo to put on my engine... i have the 4.3L... and it is a 1991... and i also know that the syclone has pretty much the same engine, just a lot beefier... so can any1 help me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BLAZER'S RULE!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:41 PM   #2

20twinz

Well If your going extreme with it then yes you will need new pistons, head work etc. (Unless your doing this because of millage and needs it anyways) Otherwirse you can put a turbo on a stock 4.3L w/o heavy mods to the engin itself internaly. As long as you run a lower boost that is.

Here is a thread thats on this site. Im not sure you have taken look at it yet or not but I posted a "complete" set-up to do one.
http://www.gmtruckhq.com/forced-indu...4-3l-1595.html

Google this turbo for info if you want.
Ballistic Concepts T3/T04E Performance Turbocharger (60 Trim, .63 A/R)

Old 01-04-2009, 05:09 PM   #3

prodan

just find a syclone/typhoon motor

Old 01-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Send PM    Add to friends    Homepage

snoplow

i think it would be easier to build your own setup, or even your own turbo for that matter since they only made like 2k of each per year and only made each for one year i think, even if they made both for 2 years at 2k each thats only 8k vehicles total the chances ur pic a part has one is kinda slim.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #5

12sws27

I really don't think there is any difference at all in a sy/ty 4.3 and you 91 except it's turboed and is MPI. Just look around for someone selling their old Sy/Ty parts. They'll bolts right on. There's guys running 8-12 psi on stock 4.3 blocks and have no problem. You just have to make sure you fuel it right.

1998 GMC Jimmy, 2dr/2wd, 4.3L V-6/4L60E: , Wynjammer S/C @8psi, Accel 300+ ign box, Taylor 8mm wires, CFM-Tech tb blade, Trans-Go shift kit w/vette servo, cat delete, Hooker Maxflow muffler, Zexel Torsen LSD, Marine intake, 42lb/hr injectors, aeromotive stealth 340 in-tank pump, racetronix fuel pump wiring harness, AEM UEGO W/B A/F gauge, LS1 E-Fans, self tuned w/HPTuners, best 1/8th mile E.T. so far: 2.26 60' 9.55@73mph <<<6psi.