GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > General Lounge > Member Projects and Rides

OldsMoStyle

Old 11-09-2010, 08:19 PM   #26
Send PM    Add to friends

98-S10-lifted
Senior Whore

I would be doing a 4/6 I want to go to 5 in the front but I dont want to buy new coils or cut anything.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 PM   #27

minitrucker6669
Senior Whore

Your truck is more then one color, that means its a hack.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:55 PM   #28

MoStyles
HDPT

Be forewarned that at 5'' in the front the exhaust will drag alot over bumps and if the road has a crown to it, my lower control arms bottomed out alot too.
Also, when I went to 4/6 it sat Cali and I had to do a bolt in notch and relocate the evap canister. 4/4 only required pulling the rubber out of the rear bump stops.

This was how it sat at 4/6

And to my dearest Joe(aka minipenis665783992745995775683985667485775884839). ....shut the **** up. lol

Old 11-10-2010, 12:03 AM   #29

minitrucker6669
Senior Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoStyles View Post

And to my dearest Joe(aka minipenis665783992745995775683985667485775884839). ....shut the **** up. lol

Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 AM   #30

MoStyles
HDPT

May as well post these in here too. Better pics will soon follow.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:58 PM   #31

Jake
Yo Mammy

looks great man!

Old 02-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #32

MoStyles
HDPT

Thanks man. I'm super happy with it.
I'm still blocked in the backyard but that didn't stop me from going out just to look at it more today. lol

Old 02-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #33

MoStyles
HDPT

Moar pics.

Should I get the windows tinted? And should I scrap the dog dish/steelie idea and stick with the current rims but with Olds center caps and wider tires in the back?

Old 02-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #34

Eight433
Senior Whore

still not sure how i feel about the black stuff. I can digg the hood, but the tailgate, to me, looks out of place. Maybe with a black roll pan? I dunno. To me it looks like the original tailgate was replaced with a junkyard miss-match.

As for the wheels, I like em. I think if you're looking to do something a little different, get some knock off spinners for them. I'm not a huge fan of tint, honestly... At least not on most vehicles. I do like a tinted rear window, particularly on regular cab trucks though.

Lookin good though!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:07 AM   #35

MoStyles
HDPT

Thanks man! This Olds is the reason i did the black tailgate.

Me and my buddy are discussing red Olds rally stripes on the hood and tailgate like this.

I think I'm going to do a light tint to tie into the black. I think I've decided to keep these rims and have them powdercoated because the paint on them sucks, get some 255/60's for the back and get Olds center caps for them.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #36

Jake
Yo Mammy

Old 02-11-2011, 01:29 AM   #37

MoStyles
HDPT

I'm trying to choose between BFG T/A's, Cooper Cobras or Firestone Indys. Thoughts?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:45 AM   #38

Eight433
Senior Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoStyles View Post
I'm trying to choose between BFG T/A's, Cooper Cobras or Firestone Indys. Thoughts?
bfg. classic look, good performance, very reasonable price. My only complaint is the 255's I had on my 4 banger s10 put an end to my 3rd gear chirps and power slides.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:46 AM   #39

Eight433
Senior Whore

Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #40

minitrucker6669
Senior Whore

HOly shit i like it!

Looking at the front reminds me of a Superbee

Old 02-11-2011, 02:52 PM   #41

Jake
Yo Mammy

Firestone indy's aren't that great, I had them on the cougar, and they didn't grab for shit. BFG T/A's are over priced for what they are, and how long they last IMO. I like Cobra's, I had them on my BigBlock nova, and they were a decent tire and will be considerably cheaper than the other two, and they're just as good if not better.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:53 PM   #42

Jake
Yo Mammy

Edit, on a side note. I can't wait for the day the BFG radial T/A's go discontinued and the muscle car world will start in an uproar because they can't get them anymore. It's a morbid fantasy, I know, but I share the same feelings for BFG T/A's as I do flowmasters.

Sorry for the threadhijack.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #43

Eight433
Senior Whore

Not sure why you think they are overpriced... they were only something like 65 bucks a piece from sams club when I bought them for that s10, granted that was 5 years ago or so. I bought 245/55/18's for my cadillac, and they were only 77 a piece at discount tire. They are Radial T/A Spec's, black wall with a more all-weather tread though. Still, a bargain when compared to many other brands with lesser reviews.
Worth noting, however, that I had to get Discount Tire to price match against TireRack's delivered price. It actually came out to be cheaper through discount tire though. heh.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #44
Send PM    Add to friends    Homepage

DigitalSoCal
Senior Whore

I will agree with Jake somewhat, I do burn through my T/A's (235/60/15) pretty quickly. I like how they look though and they're one of the only tires I've found in that size so I'll stick with them. I don't plan on having the s10 too much longer anyway.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #45

Eight433
Senior Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalSoCal View Post
I will agree with Jake somewhat, I do burn through my T/A's (235/60/15) pretty quickly. I like how they look though and they're one of the only tires I've found in that size so I'll stick with them. I don't plan on having the s10 too much longer anyway.
I didn't have my truck more than one season after I put the BFG's on, so I guess I can't speak of longevity, but I was happy with the price and performance, as well as the look. I liked them WAY better than the Dunlop Qualifier G/T I had on them before

Old 02-12-2011, 12:15 AM   #46

MoStyles
HDPT

Thanks guys. All the tires I mentioned will most likely cost a little over $200 for the pair shipped. I agree 100 percent about the BFG's over staying their welcome and being crappy tires, I've had them on a few vehicles too. I only mentioned them because from what i can tell, not too many companies make this size tire. Plus, I don't put too many miles on it per year so even the crappiest tires would last me a long time.

I'm open to other size suggestions but as far as width goes I'm limited due to the 7'' rims.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #47
Send PM    Add to friends    Homepage

relaxednoma
#redrum

I like it a lot!

Old 02-14-2011, 11:38 PM   #48

MoStyles
HDPT

Thanks man! This thread will most likely be sitting idle until tax moohlah rolls in. lol

Old 02-26-2011, 02:56 AM   #49

MoStyles
HDPT

Well, I came home from plowing snow today and noticed a package had arrived so got to modding my center caps. I couldn't find any that i liked so I decided to make some.

Here's my center caps, 2 of which I popped the Z28 shiz off of already, and the new Olds center caps off of who knows what.

The Olds caps were 2 piece plastic and stamped aluminum that was crimped around the plastic part with the legs. So I pried the tabs up and separated the two pieces. Then I had to cut the aluminum pieces down with a dremel so I ended up with just the top of the stamped aluminum pieces.

And here's the semi-final product.

I don't know if you can see in the pic but one center cap has the chrome scratched off of it so what i'm going to do is paint them black down to the the line where the caps step up and get bigger in diameter so they'll be chrome, then black, then the silver and red center emblems when I'm done.

Anyone have any suggestions what to use to glue the emblems into the centers? I would normally use some kick ass two sided tape but I don't want the shit to fly off or fail from dirt and moisture getting in there.

Old 02-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #50

Eight433
Senior Whore

epoxy would probably work. Or Gorilla Glue makes super glue that works really well too.... Loc-tite also makes a super glue that will bond damn near anything...