GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > General Lounge > OFF-Topic

The All New and Amazing Freefor all thread!

Old 11-04-2017, 10:52 PM   #26226
Send PM    Add to friends    Homepage

AK49BWL
I like cats. Deal with it

I'm betting the hood's probably going to start losing its paint soon. Maybe even the roof. Not sure if I care too much

Old 11-05-2017, 05:16 PM   #26227
Send PM    Add to friends

montec
Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK49BWL View Post
Cool. What do you know about the 4L60E? This Blazer's transmission is in generally good condition, shifts smoothly, but the 1-2 shift is .... delayed, like it hesitates before shifting, or maybe during shifting. Could I just need a new shift solenoid, or am I looking at future problems.... lol. It's still smooth, just delayed.

I have not searched anywhere yet for solutions yet so bear that in mind lol.

Been busy fixing it up for one. Bought it for just under $1k, straight clean frame, straight clean body save for a gash in the left rear quarter "fender flare" area next to the gas door. Good running engine, good transmission save for that one thing, 3.42 open rear... Lot of work needed tho. Gonna be my gas mileage saver vehicle, over Sierra's 17mpg lol. Well, once I get done rebuilding it basically. Drove this blazer from Dallas after buying it, and even with a plugged cat (slightly alleviated by some holes drilled in the exhaust pipe by the PO), shitty loose and badly aligned steering and mostly shot tires, I still got 20mpg. I'm betting I can pull a solid 25 out of it.

https://imgur.com/a/u7QwS Nov 29 at the seller's place. No pictures since, because my phone's been an asshole and the camera app is broken, my SX230's LCD doesn't work anymore, and my SX20 refuses to read memory cards. Sooooo, I'm photo-less right now, and I just can't figure I have enough reason to get a new camera. ... I guess I could use the GoPro. But you know, as soon as I try to, something's gonna **** off on it
I just replaced the trans in the wife trailblazer at 181k miles. Mine shifts fine so far at only 43k miles on the clock.

She was making some light squealing sound that was un usual to hear. The sun shell or whatever they call it now, let loose like the old 700r4's. No 2nd, od and reverse.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #26228
Send PM    Add to friends    Homepage

AK49BWL
I like cats. Deal with it

What fun. I think I'll just replace it with a T56.