GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > General Lounge > OFF-Topic

Texas exhaust shops???

Old 03-10-2016, 10:52 PM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends

Rockrz

OK, does anyone know of an exhaust shop somewhere down in Texas that can build me a custom Y pipe from the manifolds to the cat?

I'd like to start from scratch and bring my own high flow cat and my own muffler and have someone that does good quality work (you know, welds that won't leak!) rebuild my exhaust using 2.5 inch pipe, or at least 2.5 from the manifolds to the cat (I guess we could use 2.75 after the cat)

Problem I'm running in to with locals shops where I', at is... my truck has a pre-cat before the cat and I don't want that on there. Earlier model S10s with 4.3L did not come with a pre-cat, so I don't see what the big deal is, since it's still going to meet emissions standards.

At any rate, they won't do it. So, if anyone knows of a good exhaust shop willing to do a job like this I'll pay their full retail pricing and if they do a very neat, good looking job... I'll throw in a nice cash tip!

If you know anybody, let me know and I'll take a road trip to go see 'em!

Old 03-11-2016, 12:31 AM   #2

montec
Admin Team

I know "The Master" is from TX, maybe he will chime in here for you.

I know some of the shops if you go in without the exhaust it can sometimes help. That or go in and tell them you are wanting a racing exhaust. I would say don't go to a chain store, find a local shop.

1995 Blazer 4Dr 4X4(FOR SALE)
2002 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy Denali

Independent AmsOil Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-11-2016, 12:41 AM   #3

Rockrz

Mine is an S10 with a 4.3L V6 and it has a tune and runs really well for what it is... but I doubt anyone would believe me if I told them I wanted a racing exhaust.

They'd tell me to come back after I get my 6.2L V8 installed

Although, if I can get done what I'm wanting to... the exhaust will flow a little better and it may run faster according to the butt dyno