GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > General Lounge > GM News and Information

Natural Gas: An Enticing Alternative

Old 08-02-2008, 07:59 PM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends    Homepage

The Master
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A new story entry has been added:

[drupal=102]Natural Gas: An Enticing Alternative[/drupal]

Volatile oil prices have been dominating the news lately, underscoring growing unease about the automobile

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end...
Old 08-04-2008, 03:08 PM   #2
Send PM    Add to friends

Heathd
PedoBear Mentor

I honestly think this is the best temporary alternative. Considering that CNG pumps are around, and that converting or adding to the gasoline dispensing infrastructure wouldnt be incredibly difficult. Also, a large amount of natural gas is dispensed within the US. So, if we convert, and other nations do too, we can see an influx of money into the NG drilling industry in america, as well as fork OPEC in the ass.

I cant say that I am excited about it though. We can see how hard it is to get people to want to change. Even with the oil market as volatile as it is, and gas being high, people are still not really motivated enough to trully embrace any new technology (not on a large scale I should say).

Truthfully, the best way to hammer this messy situation into the ground is to up our nuclear power production infrastructure, and make plug in cars. As much as I hate to see the gasoline engine go, it looks like this is the only method. (IMO at least)

And yes, I know how hard it would be to get liberals to allow more nuclear power plants to be built, and how long that could take (30+ years). But during that time we could be burning CNG and fineasing the electric car technology.

Old 11-17-2012, 12:06 AM   #3
Send PM    Add to friends

hockeydad

I t is a good idea, but you need a larger tank configuration that they spec for you as you want to travel futher.
The car,truck will need heat for the winter mths as cng will burn colder keep that in mind.
Here in Ontario we pay road tax,,, so you could get a home pump to beat this issue in your state.(as it isn't worth it if you don't have the home pump).
Otherwise this is a good fuel for around the city.