GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > Specific Model Forums > HD Trucks Fullsize Trucks & SUVs

Saab 9-7x

Old 10-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends

bad08hhrss
is climbing in yo window

So I got a new Saab 9-7x for my wife. it's an '07 w/ 58k on it it was exactly what she wanted and the price was right so we got it. The only issue is no remote or headphones for the DVD player so I need to find those, do you know if a universal remote can be programmed for that?

As for the mechanical I changed the oil and put in Mobil 1 and I was planning on doing a tranny flush and rear end flush and fill. What are your thoughts on that and any fluid recommendations?

I know a few of you have the GMT360's with the 4L360E what are your thoughts on throwing a Corvette servo in, I know I loved the cheap upgrade when I did it in my S10.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy. -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #2

montec
Admin Team

I'm biased when it comes to fluid recommendations.(hence my sig)

However I have always been weary of flushes due to there is the chance it was never done before and you could dislodge something that could end up where you dont want it. I always do a drain and fill.

The rear end for me is just taking the cover off and spraying it down with brake cleaner let it dry out and put the cover back on and fill it up. Permatex has this new RTV/gasket maker formulated for gearlubes now.

I myself haven't done the corvette servo on any of my s-series yet But it does seem promising. With 58k, I would think the trans is still in good service so I would do it after you get the fluid changed out. All my trucks have over 130k on the trans so I haven't found out if it would be a help or if it could make things worse. Then again the service on them before I got them was spotty.

1995 Blazer 4Dr 4X4(FOR SALE)
2002 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy Denali

Independent AmsOil Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #3

bad08hhrss
is climbing in yo window

Yea, I don't know if it would be better to flush it all out and put in synthetic fluids all around or what. The Servo helps eliminate slipping and I like help extend the life of the tranny.

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become happy. -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #4

lincolnmetal
8 lug thug

ive been using mobil 1 in the ss, and to be honest, i am not thrilled at the amount of burnoff that i experience.

2004.5 CCSB 4wd LLY Duramax Diesel 17,500 lb recon winch, aFe mouthpiece, 5" MBRP straight pipe downpipe back, resonator plugged internally, spectre filter, airbox mod, Edge CTS w/lockpick reverse cam, PPE SS Tie Rod Sleeves, 17x9 procomp 7031's w/33.5x12x17 super swamper m16's

mig...tig...stick...any questions
lincolnmetal's welding learning center

Old 10-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #5

xJuice
Senior Whore

Pics?

The last time I had this much fun, I was driving the banana. Of course, back in my day we called it denting the bacon.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #6

montec
Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnmetal View Post
ive been using mobil 1 in the ss, and to be honest, i am not thrilled at the amount of burnoff that i experience.
Got no burn off in my '94, had a leak in the '95 a qt every 4k miles. But I'm running Amsoil.

However I'm using TCi in the trans due to it was less expensive even with my dealer pricing. That and I dont think the '95 has had a trans service in 100k miles.

2002 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy Denali

Old 10-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #7

bad08hhrss
is climbing in yo window

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolnmetal View Post
My Dad has complained about excessive burn off with his 5.3 in his '07 Impala SS but GM told him that was normal. Do you think switching to a 10 weight oil would help this issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJuice View Post
Pics?
I will get some pics this weekend, it has been nasty and rainy all week so I haven't washed it.

I found this thread that I think I am going to do for the tranny flush and filter change. Great step by step with pics.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=179148

Old 10-04-2012, 01:30 PM   #8

montec
Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad08hhrss View Post
My Dad has complained about excessive burn off with his 5.3 in his '07 Impala SS but GM told him that was normal. Do you think switching to a 10 weight oil would help this issue?
When did gm using oil become normal for burn off? besides the early Small blocks from the 50's thru the 70's. Then again I was having issues in the wife's '97 with a lifter tick runnin mobile one so I change to different oil.(and not it wasn't straight to Amsoil. I tried others first. Royal purple and the such)

2002 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy Denali

Old 10-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #9

bad08hhrss
is climbing in yo window

I don't know the 5.3 takes 6 quarts each change and he was having to add a quart usually between changes. I have been putting the new Pennznoil Ultra in my HHR and I like that but it's not available at Wal-Mart so you have to go to the parts store where it's almost $40 for a 5 quart jug.

Old 10-04-2012, 11:13 PM   #10

lincolnmetal
8 lug thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad08hhrss View Post

exact same vehicle i have. and yeah its normal but i cant remember what the reasoning is. im using the 0w30 mobil 1, i might go back to 10w30 normal oil...hell i might just use rotella in it

2004.5 CCSB 4wd LLY Duramax Diesel 17,500 lb recon winch, aFe mouthpiece, 5" MBRP straight pipe downpipe back, resonator plugged internally, spectre filter, airbox mod, Edge CTS w/lockpick reverse cam, PPE SS Tie Rod Sleeves, 17x9 procomp 7031's w/33.5x12x17 super swamper m16's

Old 10-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #11

lincolnmetal
8 lug thug

just an fyi, General Motors and Isuzu are recalling more than 258,000 SUVs in the U.S. and Canada to fix short-circuits in power window and door lock switches that can cause fires. The recall covers Chevrolet TrailBlazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier, Isuzu Ascender and Saab 9-7X SUVs from the 2006 and 2007 model years. The SUVs were sold or registered in 20 U.S. states, Washington, D.C., and Canada, where salt and other chemicals are used to clear roads in the winter.

Old 10-08-2012, 12:15 AM   #12

bad08hhrss
is climbing in yo window

How do you know if your vehicle is involved in the recall?

Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 AM   #13

lincolnmetal
8 lug thug

i am guessing you need to contact gm, or a gm dealer...what state are you in?

Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 AM   #14

montec
Admin Team

Have to contact your local dealer and provide the vin and they should be able to look it up easily enough for ya. If not find a different dealer that will help a customer.

2002 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy Denali

Old 10-08-2012, 02:00 PM   #15

bad08hhrss
is climbing in yo window

I am in VA and everything I have found about the recall oddly excludes VA??

Old 10-08-2012, 05:57 PM   #16

lincolnmetal
8 lug thug

The recall was only for 20 states

Old 10-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #17

appstategrl
Senior Whore

Dealers will replace the power-window switch for free, according to NHTSA documents posted Saturday. Owners will get letters telling them when to schedule appointments. GM also will make repairs at no cost to owners living in states not covered by the recall, spokesman Alan Adler said in an e-mail.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #18

bad08hhrss
is climbing in yo window

Quote:
Originally Posted by appstategrl View Post
Dealers will replace the power-window switch for free, according to NHTSA documents posted Saturday. Owners will get letters telling them when to schedule appointments. GM also will make repairs at no cost to owners living in states not covered by the recall, spokesman Alan Adler said in an e-mail.
So for the Saab will any GM dealer do the repair or does it have to go to a Saab dealership?

Old 10-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #19

appstategrl
Senior Whore

It is the same as any other GM so I would imagine they can service it just as well.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:30 AM   #20

Jake
Yo Mammy

How's this thing working out for you brah?

Old 08-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #21

bad08hhrss
is climbing in yo window

Has been great, zero complaints. The only issue is the radio display recently went out so I am just going to put in a new head unit.

Plus the Corvette servo makes a big difference in the 1-2 shifts.