GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > Exhaust Talk

True dual exhaust

Old 08-06-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends

Don123

Hello I am new to forums in general.
I have a 1998 GMC 1500 with the 305 vortec and a 5 speed transmission.
I want to run true dual exhaust to get the desired sound. My problem is the 305 came with a single catalytic converter and i believe 3 O2 sensors, where the last is after the catalytic converter. I want to keep catalytic converters and O2 sensors to keep it emissions legal and pass inspection. The 350 engines came with 2 catalytic converters before they Y pipe and all O2 sensors(4) before the Y pipe. My question is this: Can I install a catalytic converter setup from a 350 engine on the 305 and then run my true dual exhaust? And if so, how do I manage the O2 sensor after the cat. Can it go into just one side of the exhaust system and plug the port on the other side? Does anyone have any experience with this?