GmTruckHQ is the resource on GM Trucks, Suspension, engine information, Body Modifications, painting tutorials.  Modifications to suit every need, budget and whim
Home   Forum   Chat   Register   Today's Posts   Search  

GMTruckHQ is the premier GM Truck Site on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Go Back   GmTruckHQ > Engine and Drivetrain Tech > LSx Tech

How to disable the 'change oil notice' system???

Old 01-01-2015, 06:19 AM   #1
Send PM    Add to friends

Rockrz

On an '09 Chevrolet Colorado V8... can the oil change reminder system somehow be disabled altogether?

Could this be done with HP Tuners software? I'm searching for a way to disable these notices, so please let me know if this is possible or where I might search to learn how to do this. Thanks!

Old 01-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #2

montec
Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
On an '09 Chevrolet Colorado V8... can the oil change reminder system somehow be disabled altogether?

Could this be done with HP Tuners software? I'm searching for a way to disable these notices, so please let me know if this is possible or where I might search to learn how to do this. Thanks!
I'm not sure if HP can do it I do know there are some programers out there that may. I have not had to deal with them besides turning it off when I do my oil change.(I'm running Amsoil for 1yr or 15k miles or whatever occurs first)

1995 Blazer 4Dr 4X4(FOR SALE)
2002 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy Denali

Independent AmsOil Dealer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:01 PM   #3

Rockrz

Well, someday I'd like to look in to installing a 6 speed automatic transmission which is going to require some re-programming and maybe that would be a good time to revisit this.

It may just be me being an old guy, but to me it's silly to have this feature in the first place since I do not need it and I will decide when to change my oil.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:09 PM   #4

montec
Admin Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockrz View Post
Well, someday I'd like to look in to installing a 6 speed automatic transmission which is going to require some re-programming and maybe that would be a good time to revisit this.

It may just be me being an old guy, but to me it's silly to have this feature in the first place since I do not need it and I will decide when to change my oil.
I haven't had mine come on since I last did an oil change over 6months ago.

Then again I only have to deal with it in my wifes '02 TB that we bought just over a year ago, just did the switch to Amsoil on the last change. I'd like to eventually move up to a LSx in it. Probably be a 5.3L. She don't need the 6.0, that will go in my '94 T10 Blazer one day

1995 Blazer 4Dr 4X4(FOR SALE)
2002 Trailblazer LT
2007 Envoy Denali

Independent AmsOil Dealer

Old 01-08-2015, 02:44 PM   #5

Jake
Yo Mammy

Forgive my Naivety, but isn't it just a setting through the vehicle systems settings on the cluster, via the steering wheel?